make pixel art from any image on the mac
Due to the demise of the Mac version of my favorite pixelator app, I decided to make my own app. I needed an app that would have me specify the desired canvas size (eg. 16×16) and stick with it, no matter what image I would drop into it.
I also wanted some basic editing like brightness, saturation and contrast and support for transparent backgrounds. Also, transparent pixels aren’t allowed when pixelating: only solid pixels.
So here it is. It is called Pixel Ate Me. Free download in the Mac App Store. If you want some *nifty extra features that speed up your workflow, a small one time In App Purchase will give you that.
• pixelate any static image or photo: JPG, PNG, GIF, BMP, SVG, TIFF, WEBP
• keep transparency
• adding stroke in any colour
• fill the background with any colour or keep transparency
• add saturation, brightness or contrast
• easily export the result to: PNG, JPG, BMP, TIFF, GIF
• quick export* to immediately overwrite the previous export
• auto apply* to immediately apply changes in the settings
• document based app, supports tabs
Download Pixel Ate Me now, it’s free!